According to the Centers For Disease Control (CDC), “4.5 million dog bites occur in the United States every year.” The CDC also mentions, “Nearly 1 in 5 people bitten by a dog requires medical attention.” If you have been injured by a dog attack, a Lodi dog bite lawyer at Peter N. Davis & Associates, LLC will fight to help you receive the compensation you deserve. Bites can vary, but no matter if the injury is minor or severe, our attorneys are prepared to fight alongside you.
Our lawyers are ready to serve you and treat your case with the respect it deserves. At our firm, you are considered family, not just another case. We want to assist you in gaining the compensation you deserve, rather than settling for an amount decided by an insurance company, which tends to be far too low. With dog laws varying from state to state, it’s essential that you hire an attorney that is familiar with the particular laws in the state of New Jersey. By seeking the services of an attorney, you have a better chance of gaining the compensation you deserve for your injury.
Dog Injury Statistics and Information
In our growing society, more households own a dog than in years past. With the rise in dog owners, there is a greater chance of becoming a victim of a dog injury. Listed below are a few statistics about dogs in the United States:
- There were 78 million dogs in the U.S. in 2016.
- Out of 4.5 million dog bites in the United States, 900,000 became infected.
- In 2014, insurance companies paid $530 million dollars for dog bite claims.
Often times, people don’t understand what makes a dog bite, but there are various triggers that can cause a dog to attack, such as fear or stress. With more than 78 million dogs in the United States, injuries will continue to occur. Our lawyers understand the legal aspect for these type of cases.
What Steps to Take if You Have Been Injured by a Dog
- Seek medical attention immediately after the bite has occurred. Even if you consider the injury to be minor, it’s important to seek medical treatment to check for any type of infections. Some of the most common traces of bacteria from dogs are, Group A Streptococcus known as “beta strep,” and Staphylococcus which is commonly known as “staph.”
- If possible, ask the owner if the dog has been vaccinated. Some states do not require owners to have their dog vaccinated for rabies.
- Take pictures of your injuries. The images you take can be used in your case to help you gain the compensation you deserve.
- Ask for a copy of your medical records. Medical documentation can be used to help you receive compensation.
- If an insurance company contacts you and you have not consulted an attorney, do not answer any questions. Speak with one of our attorneys before communicating with any insurance company or agent. Responding to insurance companies without first consulting a lawyer could hinder your compensation.
- Hire a Lodi dog bite lawyer to fight for you. It can be hard to understand the different laws surrounding dog injuries and recognize when an insurance company is trying to take advantage of you. That’s why you need an attorney who is experienced and knowledgeable about the specific laws and understands how to correctly handle insurance companies.
- Once you have consulted with one of our attorneys, we want you to focus on recovering.
How Our Attorneys Will Help Your Dog Injury Case
Here at The Law Offices of Peter N. Davis & Associates, LLC, we understand the challenges that result from suffering an injury and the impact it can have on an individual and their family. Our lawyers not only care about your well-being but also seeing you return to the life you lived before the injury. We want you to focus on recovering while we take care of the rest. Our attorneys are willing to answer any questions you have throughout your case and will strive to keep you informed along every step of the way. One of our experienced attorneys can help you seek compensation for damages, such as:
- Medical bills
- Pain and Suffering
- Lost wages
With over 60 years of combined law experience, we want our clients to feel like they can trust us to handle their case, because of the knowledge and experience we have obtained through the years. We believe our clients have the right to a skilled attorney who knows the laws for the state of New Jersey and can help fight for the maximum compensation. We want every client to feel the family atmosphere we take pride in creating for our firm. It’s overwhelming enough to suffer an injury, and the financial stress involved can also have a major impact on your life.
Our attorneys want to help lessen the load on your shoulders, so you can focus on healing. No matter how major or minor your injury may be, we provide quality attention to every case. We know that insurance companies tend to look out for their own interests over those of the person suffering. Our attorneys are aware of the tricks of the insurance agents and the questions they ask and are prepared to respond appropriately. We can help fight for you and look out for your best interests.
Contact Our Office Today
If you or someone you know has been bitten by a dog, you can count on us to help you gain the compensation you need for your injury. Our Lodi dog bite lawyers have the experience and knowledge necessary to handle your case. The Law Offices of Peter N. Davis & Associates, LLC enjoy serving others and want to continue assisting clients in gaining the compensation they deserve for their injuries.
Call us today at 877-941-2857 to schedule a consultation with one of the attorneys at The Law Offices of Peter N. Davis & Associates, LLC, or you can complete our inquiry contact form. We’re here to help and look forward to fighting for you.