Adviser Providing Best Service To Win Client's Trust

Newark Personal Injury Lawyers

Get a FREE Case Review

"*" indicates required fields

If you’re hurt in an accident in Newark, New Jersey, call The Law Offices of Peter N. Davis and Associates at 877-941-2857. We have more than 60 years of combined experience. We can answer your questions and explain your legal rights. You don’t have to face the insurance company and opposing side alone. The Law Offices of Peter N. Davis and Associates is here with you every step of the way.

Personal Injury Victims May Be Eligible to Receive Financial Compensation

If you’re a personal injury victim, you may be eligible to receive financial compensation. Common types of compensation include money to pay your medical bills, future medical care, pain and suffering, payment for lost time from work, pain and suffering, and more.

To help you get what your claim is worth, you need an experienced Newark personal injury lawyer. Insurance companies are notorious for offering victims far less than their claims are worth. If you sign a settlement agreement, you could sign away your ability to sue or to get money in the future to continue paying the medical costs for injuries associated with the accident. A Newark personal injury lawyer can help you through the entire claims process. The Law Offices of Peter N. Davis and Associates will deal with the insurance company on your behalf. We’ll fight to make sure that you get the compensation that you’re entitled to receive.

How Do You Prove a Personal Injury Claim?

Personal injury is part of our civil law system. When you’re injured because of the negligence of another person, you could potentially have a personal injury claim. However, proving a valid claim isn’t always easy. To prove a personal injury claim, you must be able to show that:

  • The defendant owed a duty to you. For example, someone driving a car has a duty to society to follow the posted speed limit and posted street signs.
  • You must prove that the defendant breached their duty. If the driver ran a stop sign, that would be a breach of duty.
  • You must experience an injury because of the breach of duty. If the driver ran a stop sign and hit you as you were making a turn and had the right of way, the damage to your car is considered an injury. Any physical injuries you suffer would also be considered an injury.
  • Your injury must be directly related to the accident. This is generally referred to as the “but-for” test. But for the accident, you wouldn’t have broken your arm.

Although it may seem fairly straight forward, personal injury claims can become highly contentious and complicated.

What Should You Do If You’re Hurt?

If you’re hurt in an accident, first determine if you have a medical emergency. If not, you still need to report the accident. You also need to get medical care as soon as you can. However, before you leave the scene, you should use your smartphone to take photos of the damage and what caused the accident. Make sure that you get the name and contact information of anyone who witnessed the accident. Then, call The Law Offices of Peter N. Davis and Associates. As Newark personal injury attorneys, we can help you protect your potential legal rights. Call us as soon as you can at 877-941-2857 to schedule your free consultation. We’ll answer your questions and tell you your options.

You don’t have to take on the insurance company or opposing party alone. The Law Offices of Peter N. Davis and Associates provides aggressive representation for injury victims.