The car accident was NOT your fault, the other driver is at fault, but YOU are the one injured. It is important to assess the situation and call an attorney for advice. The sooner you begin the process the better. In the state of New Jersey, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit is two years from the date of injury.
Some important steps to take should you be involved in an automobile accident:
- Always call for law enforcement, and 911 if needed
- Make certain there is a police report filed and get several copies
- Seek medical attention. Even if you do not notice any immediate injuries, get yourself checked out as soon as possible after the incident.
- Contact your insurance carrier as soon as possible
- Be careful what you say, and who you say it to. Do not discuss anything with anyone at the scene except for the police
Seek advice from an experienced car wreck attorney. A specialist in personal injury law will determine everything you have a legal right to expect compensation for. As an example, in addition to damage to your vehicle and medical bills, have you lost time at work? Will you have any permanent physical limitations from your injuries?
The firm of Peter A. Davis & Associates began assisting accident victims in New Jersey over two decades ago. We are ready to fight for you to make certain you receive fair compensation for all of your losses. We take our jobs very personally. We remain with you every step of the way. Contact us when you are involved in an accident, we guarantee you will be well served.